I'm sure that eveyone remembers MacGyver as being famous for knowing how to make useful things from practically nothing! I wonder if MacGyver was given a tabletkiosk eo UMPC, and the task of taking it into the field on a typical residential appraisal assignment, just "What Would MacGyver Do?" to get the job done?!
Let's face it . . .the tabletkiosk eo UMPC is a great little device but it doesn't take long to see that it is does have its shortcomings in terms of being a "Full Featured" data collection device for appraisers.
What Are Its Shortcomings?
- No Ethernet Port (10/100 RJ-45)
- No Flash Card / SD Memory Card Reader
- No PMCIA slot ( for EVDO - HSDPA )
- No VGA port (full monitor)
- No Port Replicator (currently available)
- Short Battery Life (1.5 - 2 hours standard)
- No Built-In MIC (microphone)
- No Built-in Camera
- No Built-in GPS
The good news? There's a great selection of add-on hardware and software solutions to overcome many of the eo's deficiencies. MacGyver HELP!!!! . . . read on: