Telebriefing "Appraising in a Distressed Market". Sponsored by The Appraisal Foundation and American Bankers Association. The Appraisal Foundation and the American Bankers Association have partnered for a national telephone briefing on property appraisals in distressed markets.
The two-hour telebriefing will be held on March 26, 2009 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT. The briefing will present relevant information and provide guidance and valuable insights to appraisers, bankers and other users of appraisal services.
Points to be covered during the course of the telephone briefing will include:
- Appraising in markets where most or all of the comparables are distressed sales;
- Tips for lenders to ensure accurate appraisal orders, and to define adequate scope of work for engaging appraisal services in distressed markets;
- Understanding the "decision tree" used by regulators to determine whether a loan should be adjusted downward;
- Types and definitions of value used in appraisal assignments;
- Effective communication between banks and appraisers on the methodology being used in appraisal assignments.
For more information or to register, Please visit: http://www.aba.com/teleweb/tb032609