From the Mortgage Fraud Blog - "The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS)- a mortgage licensing system operated by state financial regulators- launched NMLS Consumer Access. NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the general public to view information concerning state-licensed mortgage companies, branches, and individuals currently licensed through NMLS."
NMLS Consumer AccessSM is a free service for consumers to confirm that the mortgage company or mortgage professional with whom they wish to conduct business is licensed in their state.NMLS Consumer AccessSM
- Contains licensing/registration information on mortgage companies, branches and loan originator professionals licensed by state regulatory agencies participating in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
- May not include all licensed/registered companies, branches or professionals. State agencies join NMLS in phases and not all agencies are fully participating on NMLS at this time. To see a list of currently participating states click here.
- Does not include information on applications not yet approved by a state.
- Does not include individuals working for federally insured depository institutions.
- Contains information that is self-reported to regulatory agencies by the licensed/registered company or professionals.
- Is updated nightly (business days only).