The ICAP seminar committee is pleased to announce registration for the 2011 summer seminars is now available on-line at www.icapweb.org . The seminars have become a summer tradition of Illinois licensed and certified real estate appraisers. In the past ICAP has only offered one seminar at two locations. This year a third seminar will be offered in Southern Illinois and qualify for an additional seven hours of continuing education credits. The “Illinois Appraiser Update” seminars will be held in Springfield on July 19th and in Lisle on August 1st. The second seminar “Surviving the Changes – Appraising in Illinois” will be held in Godfrey on August 12th. Download 2011 ICAP Seminar Press Release
“We are extremely excited about the seminars this year. The committee did an outstanding job of selecting speakers and topics. The people in attendance are really going to enjoy the day and will find the seminar to be pertinent to their daily work as real estate appraisers”, said Randy Neff, seminar chair. “We are particularly excited about the third seminar offering in Godfrey. Plus you can attend either Lisle or Springfield and get seven more hours by attending the Godfrey seminar”.
- Mr. Jed Smith, Managing Director of Quantitative Research for the National Association of Realtors. Mr. Smith will speak about the current economic and housing market conditions.
- Mr. Wayne Pugh will give a presentation on technological tools for real estate appraisers. Mr. Pugh is a software developer, real estate appraiser and writes a column in the Valuation Magazine titled “Cool Tools”.
- Mr. Charlie Franklin, an attorney who defend real estate appraisers in disciplinary and other litigation matters will give a presentation on “Limiting an Appraisers Liability – Do’s, Don’ts and Things in Between”.
- The Godfrey seminar will feature Mr. Larry Disney, Kentucky Real Estate Board Director and his presentation of Dodd-Frank & Truth in Lending, UAD & USPAP Compliance or sometimes referred to as “Looking for Love in all the Wrong Places.”
- Additional presentations will be made by Randy Neff on Interagency Guidelines, Brian Weaver on signing as a supervisor and the FBI, on mortgage fraud.
"ICAP seminars are not typical real estate appraiser CE seminars. We are fortunate to be able to offer the level of expertise and experience of these speakers. One of the most important benefits of an ICAP seminar is to hear from Brian Weaver and learn about the most current State of Illinois requirements. We hope all Illinois real estate appraisers will plan to attend” Neff said. A new component to the Lisle venue will be the addition of vendor booths. There will be approximately 10 vendors promoting various appraisal-related products.
You can register for the seminars at http://www.icapweb.com/education.php . For more information please e-mail Randy Neff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309.691.7223. Download 2011 ICAP Seminar Press Release