Thanks to Appraisal Buzz for publishing a great new article by Thomas J. Inserra. Mr. Inserra covers the historical aspects of the Real Estate Bubble as well as his view of that should be done in the future. Here are some of the topics he covers:
- Bubble Participants
- Bubble Participant Common Traits
- Connecting the Dots
- Advocacy Leads to Unsustainable Price Increases:Valuation Advocacy
- The Seed & Root Cause of Real Estate Bubbles
- Who “Appears” to Benefit from Valuation Advocacy?
- How Can We Eliminate Bubbles or Reduce Their Adverse Effects?
- Why Did the Check & Balance Fail?
- The Solution
His 15 point solution policy would; " . . . would reverse the abusive, unsustainable policies adopted in the 1990’s. The objective is to require, preserve and protect Valuation Independence and non-advocacy at the federal and state levels"
Click here to read the complete article