It's Winter and I'm getting ready to start a few projects . . . .but before that, I thought I'd take a few pictures of Paddy's engine bay to show the progress that's been made up to this point..
Last Fall I decided to "clean up" the engine (motor) bay a bit by re-routing the fuel lines and upgrading the hoses to steel and wire braided. I also swapped out the after-market plastic fuel filter for a glass one with a bit more bling. The Lucas Sport Coil used to be located up on the firewall. I've relocated it to the more common (for Mini) location to the front of the motor.
The oil breather can has been cleaned and repainted and a K&N breather filter has been fitted. I removed the large hose that used to connect the breather to the carburetor for a cleaner look. The stock tappet cover has been re-sprayed and new chrome bolts added. The SU HS4 carburettor dash pots were removed during the last tuning and given a polish with some aluminum metal polish.